The JellyFish Cloud (JF Cloud) App is an alternative option to the previous JellyFish Designer (JF Designer) App and is ready for you to download from the App Store or Play Store.
The biggest feature of the new JF Cloud app is that it requires you to create an account so that you can control your lights remotely from ANYWHERE… as long as you have an internet connection.
JELLYFISH APPs – PROS and CONS
JELLYFISH DESIGNER APP
- Quicker to Use
- More responsive. Less lag time
- Connect through your existing home WIFI network to the controller
- You MUST be connected to the exact same home WIFI network as the controller
- Limited to the range of your 2.4Ghz home WIFI network (aka no remote control)
JELLYFISH DESIGNER CLOUD APP
- Allows remote control of your lights from anywhere as long as your mobile device is on the internet
- Must create an account
- Slower to open
- Slightly more lag (slower responsiveness when controlling the lights)
Future features that will be coming out at a later revision are:
- Amazon Alexa compatibility
- Light activation via sound/music
- Multi-Zone and Multi-Preset assignments
- Custom presets saved to cloud for download elsewhere.
Stay tuned to Jellystream Lighting for more information as JellyFish Lighting rolls out more new and innovative ideas for you and your home!